Maharaja

Maharaja (2024)
U/A | 2h 21m

A barber seeks vengeance after his home is burglarized, cryptically telling police his "lakshmi" has been taken, leaving them uncertain if it's a person or object. His quest to recover the elusive "lakshmi" unfolds.

I’m glad I decided to check out Maharaja after seeing a post from our TM. Initially, I was hesitant because I don’t recall ever having watched an Indian film before. From the small video clips that went viral on social media, it seemed like Indian movies often feature a lot of dancing and singing, with some scenes appearing quite exaggerated.

However, since I’ve watched most of my preferred genres on Netflix, I’ve recently been exploring documentaries. So, I decided to give Maharaja a chance.

The first part of the movie was a bit slow and hard to get into, partly because I wasn’t familiar with the actors and the story felt drawn-out. The film picked up when the lead actor began acting in an unexpected way, which sparked my curiosity and led me to piece together the plot like a jigsaw puzzle. This type of engaging and complex storytelling is exactly what I enjoy. I hope to see more movies/series like this on Netflix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment