Pagtatag! The Documentary (2024)
PG | 1h 13m

An eye-opener not only being an artists but more on in real life journey. People tend to forget the behind the scenes in everything. They easily judge people on how they see them or portray them in public.


As an A'tin from the Gento era, I was excited to watch "Pagtatag! The Documentary," especially since I brought my partner along to share my enthusiasm for this PPop group. I wanted him to understand why I’m so into them. My last major boy band loves were Boyzone and Westlife, and the last OPM bands I followed closely were Parokya ni Edgar and Eraserheads.

I chose to watch it at Trinoma because they offered tickets at a lower price compared to other malls, plus they included a photocard and free popcorn with each ticket. I was curious about the lower price and free popcorn and later discovered it might be because the restrooms are outside the cinema. If you need to use the restroom during the movie, you might miss 5 minutes or more, especially if there’s a long line.

As for the documentary, it felt a bit lacking. At just over an hour long, it seemed more like a behind-the-scenes look at their concert tour rather than a comprehensive documentary. There were mentions of how foreign fans connect with their music, and I was hoping to see clips of them singing along and getting emotional over SB19’s Filipino tracks. I remember seeing such scenes in their reels or other vlogs, but they weren’t included here. I’m not sure if I missed them or if they weren’t shown for privacy reasons.

Additionally, there was a segment where the group’s sound/music track and mics were turned off during an event, yet they continued performing. It wasn’t clear whether this was due to technical issues or if it was intentional, especially since the next segment showed their director instructing not to turn off the mics. The purpose of this scene was unclear to me.

Overall, the documentary had the potential to attract more casual fans if it had provided a deeper, more engaging look into the group while capturing the essence of the Pagtatag Era.

****

Prior to this, we were at Quantum Skyview to pick up the merchandise I bought online for the documentary film. This is also where the PAGTATAG! THE DOCUMENTARY FAN FEST is being held.

We arrived just in time for a surprise visit from JahStell. Although there were only a few fans present, we couldn't get close to the stage or see them clearly since it wasn't elevated enough. Fortunately, my phone’s zoom feature helped us get a clearer view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment