Lilac Festival

Just four days after receiving my first 2 postcards, here is another one. The sender forgot to include the Posctcard ID, good thing though, the card has her address. I managed to browse/search through profiles, and luckily found the sender resembling her name.

LILAC FESTIVAL
HIGHLAND PARK
Rochester, New York

The arrival of spring heralds Lilac Time in Rochester usually in May, rarely in late April or early June. Highland Park in Rochester is the site of the world's largest public display of Lilacs spread over 15 acres. This magnificent collection of over 528 varieties includes more than 1500 shrubs.

This came from Lisa of Rochester, where all Kodak cameras came from. First postcard with a purple theme, I did mention on my postcrossing profile that I love that color. Great thanks to the sender, she really made me tremendously happy. My reaction made my third son (1 year 7 months old) so curious, so while I'm preoccupied, he grabbed the postcard. That explains why there's a little tear on lower part of the postcard :P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment