Elemental

Elemental (2023)
PG | 1h 41m

Follows Ember and Wade, in a city where fire-, water-, land- and air-residents live together.

I can't help but connect Wade's emotional nature with my son, who claims to be emotional as well. To provide some context, there was an instance when I was reprimanding him for missing school, and he was already in tears, struggling to catch his breath. I asked him why he was crying so intensely when I hadn't even raised a hand to him. His response was that he had a sensitive heart. At that moment, I was unsure whether to laugh or continue with my lecture, but ultimately, I decided to stop. It's funny because he inherited this emotional side from my genes, which I, in turn, inherited from my late father. Despite his outwardly tough and strict demeanor, he actually has a tendency to cry easily! 😄

Since that incident, I've been working on toughening him up through playful banter and teasing each other, all in good fun, of course! The aim is to ensure that he isn't easily hurt by words, but I also make sure to provide him with compliments to boost his self-esteem. Interestingly, when I heard Wade mention that he, too, has a sensitive heart, we both shared a chuckle.

Anyway, returning to the animated film, I derive great enjoyment from watching it. It offers a refreshing and one-of-a-kind concept, unlike anything I've come across before. While it does evoke shades of a Romeo and Juliet theme, this story concludes with a joyful ending. I couldn't help but ponder what their offspring might be like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment