John Carter

With unlimited surfing time and having already surpassed the era of days and weeks spent playing games, I found myself gravitating towards watching movies. I must say, I love how IMDB offers the "CHECK-IN" functionality, reminiscent of foursquare's location sharing feature. It's a fun way to share the movies I've watched, and I can't help but hope that IMDB will introduce badges, achievements, or medals for movie enthusiasts like me. Imagine earning a badge like "SCI-FANATIC" for watching a plethora of sci-fi movies in a month—how cool would that be?

John Carter (2012)
PG-13 | 132 min

Transplanted to Mars, a Civil War vet discovers a lush planet inhabited by 12-foot tall barbarians. Finding himself a prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter a princess who is in desperate need of a savior.


Thinking about my first sci-fi movie, "Star Wars," takes me back to the 80s, when I watched it with my dad. Those moments were precious, as they were the times he could spend with me, usually when I wasn't feeling well. Strangely enough, just watching a movie together was enough to make me feel better, and I cherished being his little girl, the only child then. That experience sparked my fascination with sci-fi and fantasy fiction movies, leading me to enjoy more of this genre ever since.

As I immersed myself in the movie I recently watched, it brought to mind a beloved novel I've read numerous times, and I can't help but wish for a movie adaptation. I envision it being an epic three-part film, similar to "The Lord of the Rings," to capture the length and depth of the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed this particular movie, and I gave it a well-deserved 9 out of 10 rating. The anticipation for its sequel has me eagerly looking forward to more thrilling adventures in its universe. A movie worth savoring, with hopes for a continuation that will undoubtedly keep me entertained for even longer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment