A Trip to the Moon (1902)
Original title: Le voyage dans la lune 
G | 13 min

A group of astronomers go on an expedition to the moon.


I stumbled upon this short movie on YouTube, and what caught my attention was its inclusion in the esteemed "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die" list. My discovery of this list came while perusing "1000 places to see before I die," and since I don't have the means to travel, I decided to embark on a journey through movies instead.

What I love about watching both new and old films is the opportunity to immerse myself in different cultures, traverse countries, eras, and times, and gain insights into the filmmaking process. It's fascinating to compare the technology used in movies, especially in sci-fi films, from the past to the present. Watching an old movie feels like a delightful time travel experience, offering a glimpse into bygone eras and the artistry of filmmaking back then. Through these films, I get to explore worlds I might never visit physically, expanding my horizons and enriching my appreciation for the diverse wonders of cinema.


Arthur Christmas (2011)
PG | 1hr 37m

On Christmas night at the North Pole, Santa's youngest son looks to use his father's high-tech operation for an urgent mission.


Arthur might not possess the brawn or toughness of his family members, but what sets him apart is his immense heart. While others may excel in strength and skill, it is Arthur's boundless compassion and genuine care for others that make him truly exceptional. His unwavering determination to spread joy and ensure every child receives their Christmas gift embodies the spirit of the holiday season. Arthur's kindness and selflessness remind us that true strength lies not in physical might but in the capacity to show love and bring happiness to others. His heartwarming journey teaches us that the most meaningful gifts we can give are those filled with love and the joy of giving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment