Coco



Coco (2017)
PG | 1h 45min

Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.

Despite his family's baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector, and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history. -- Written by Disney/Pixar


As I watched this movie for the first time, it evoked memories of "The Book of Life," where the main character also journeyed through the land of the dead. The poignant moment when one soul disappeared because no living person remembered him touched my heart deeply, leading me to reflect on my own family. I couldn't help but think of my father, grandparents, and great-grandparents, who have departed from this world.

The film's portrayal of Dia De Los Muertos resonated with me, and it inspired a desire to practice and celebrate this meaningful tradition to honor and remember my loved ones who have passed away. The idea of connecting with their memories and cherishing their legacy through this beautiful celebration is a heartwarming way to keep their spirits alive in our hearts. This movie has truly left a lasting impact on me, instilling a sense of appreciation for the significance of Dia De Los Muertos and the power of remembrance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment