Oh common!

When I was a child, I wished that my parent had given me other name, like Jessica or Elizabeth (sounds familiar? Names of the Sweet Valley twins lolz), or yet a unique one or a second name perhaps? There’s nothing wrong with my name, it’s just that it is so common, that almost always; I have other classmates I share the same name with. So, our classmates called us by our surnames, too bad, my surname sounds like a type of underwear, yeah whatever. They would intentionally mispronounce it.

When I got married, I acquired the last name of my husband, of course. Bad thing here is that my husband’s surname is so very common, plus my name is common, equals, me sharing the same name and surname with lots and lots of people. What’s wrong with that, you ask? Nothing really, if you share name with famous people whom had good reputation, what if otherwise?

Back when I was single, getting NBI clearance would just take me one day, or even shorter. But after I got married, I had to return the next day or a day after, because my first name and surname matches the names of people who have or had cases, of which I don’t know. Arrgh! Anyways.. thanks that I still have the unique surnames of my dad and mom.

Speaking of same names, I’ve been doing research on genealogy; it’s been years actually, regarding my family or ancestral tree. I usually do research on my dad and mom’s surname on google. I’ve found one person on friendster, because it’s really rare to have that surname (surname of my dad), the possibility of him being a relative is really high. So, I added, told him why I’m adding him. We were able to exchanged messages, and were a little surprised to know that our fathers share the same full name. The thought of us having the same father had come to mind when I first read the message that his father is -insert here my dad’s name-, if he hadn’t told me the middle name, I would have really thought the possibility of us not just only being relatives, but also us being half siblings.

Parents should think of more unique names or should give two names, just so to make it unique. You wouldn’t want your children to be having sharing names with criminals, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment